in a sea of people
Home Saturday Snapshots Twitter Instagram Bloglovin' Pinterest Follow

profile
anya|18|ba behavioral sciences|UP-Manila

The thoughts that run in this head aren't always easy to comprehend.

“In search of something immortal in mortality."

etcetera
Instagram
Links
Disclaimer
All images posted on this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated.

Layout by mymostloved
with script and background
we only do it for the scars and stories
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Say hi to Oble. ;)
Remember how I said I'd tell you about my first few weeks in college? Well, since a month has passed, let me finally recount what that first month was like.

Well, honestly, the first two weeks were definitely awkward and rather lonely for me. Not that I was a loner or anything, I had blockmates I hung out with. It's just that I was suddenly thrust into this different world wherein I knew nobody and I wasn't really comfortable. I guess you can call it culture shock, because that's what it was. I felt like I might not be able to keep up with academics, with the culture, and with the people. Everyone was warm and welcoming and my blockmates are all friendly and I'm glad I'm with them.  But nobody can deny that only the people you've known for so long can be of any comfort to you in facing strange new places. My close friends and my family are what keeps me strong, and I'm glad they're always there. They made it easier, despite not being in the campus with me.

Now, on the third week, everything was definitely better! I got to know everybody in my block better, we met some of the upperclassmen, and I was finally feeling my place in the midst of our dynamic campus. I love my block, I honestly do.

Warning: This is a photo heavy post. I haven't much to say, so I'm letting the pictures do the talking.
Thanks to Kuya Austine for taking the photo! :) L-R: Jonah, Isa, Fia, Jaimee, Lora, me, Celine
Melody and Ian
Lora and Ira (or Aya, as she prefers to be called)
Jean and Ian, my group mates for a report that morning :))
Lance, Block 6's blockhead!
Rosh, Charisse, Lance, and Deo
Claudelle, Jonah, Daine, Jaimee, Jen, and Isa
Top: Ira, Jean, Steve, Lora, and Celine in the far right. Bottom: Aira, KC, Shayne, Ian, and Melody
Hanging out by the "bat cave" waiting for our next class to start.
L-R: Celine, Steve, Lora, Blessie, Jean, Angelica, and Ira
These guys are the actual and admitted camwhores. :)) L-R: Francesco, Jonah, Jaimee, Isa, Alexa, Fia, Jen, and Claudelle
Fun Fact: There are 40 of us in our block, but 34 are girls and only 6 are boys. They are ridiculously outnumbered. :))
We were looking for good lighting. :))
Aira, Melody, Blessie, and Angelica with our block handler Mommy Bea! :)
 So this is our block's "Mother". She's our FBC (Freshman Block Coordinator) and is basically there to guide us and help us adjust all throughout our freshman year. Even though she's around our age (some of my blockmates and I are actually older, but whatever. :P), she's a very caring and lovable Ate and mother.
We are a very odd and dysfunctional family/block. Craziness runs in this family, haha!
More proof that we're nuts and that these guys are camwhores. Posed "sneezing" faces. :))
So, these are some of the people I'm with almost everyday. They're nuts, but they are a lot of fun, and seriously smart as well. It might not seem obvious in some of these pictures though. :)) 

Right now, the UP life seems quite alright for me. I'm not that stressed--yet. Currently, we seem to have more events and meetings than classes. It would've been all fine and dandy if we weren't all so worried about the upcoming exams. Some professors are weird too. You don't know if they're still talking about the lesson or just telling you personal stories. But, there are really good profs too. :) In high school, we don't usually bother about readings and that kind of stuff. Now, we all go nuts in the library trying to find the right books and references regarding lessons, reports, and assignments. 

This kind of life was never what I expected to enter. I never even knew I could fit in the UP environment. Lo and behold, here I am. I'm happy here, although this is just a teaser of things yet to come, I'm sure. 

Here's to surviving the university! ;)

P.S. Title from Fall Out Boy's song "Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends" :)
P.P.S. I'm sorry if the post seems all over the place, I edited this during different times.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Olivr said on July 13, 2012 at 4:41 PM  

hi Iska. wish you an awesome college life.


Blogger Anya Cruz said on July 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM  

Thanks fellow Isko! :D


Blogger Sofia Gatchalian said on July 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM  

Hey! UP Manila's around Taft or something right? We should hang out some time!! :)

Sofia,
sofiagatchalian.blogspot.com


Blogger Anya Cruz said on July 14, 2012 at 6:53 PM  

Just a jeep away! :) I drop by DLSU a lot since my brother studies there, we could definitely meet up! :)


Post a Comment

All rights reserved A Box Of Nostalgia by Anya Cruz
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶