in a sea of people
Home Saturday Snapshots Twitter Instagram Bloglovin' Pinterest Follow

profile
anya|18|ba behavioral sciences|UP-Manila

The thoughts that run in this head aren't always easy to comprehend.

“In search of something immortal in mortality."

etcetera
Instagram
Links
Disclaimer
All images posted on this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated.

Layout by mymostloved
with script and background
oh summer...
Saturday, April 7, 2012
(C) Anya Cruz
While everyone else around me seems to be busy or just out on vacation this Holy Week, I've actually just been stuck at home doing not much of anything. I've barely touched the laptop, only just to check on random blogs and other accounts I have. I always have my iPod Touch beside me all the time, which is my all-in-one gadget right now. Music, internet, Twitter updates, random five-minute game plays on various apps--all on my iPod. Although the summer heat has made me too lazy to do even those. 

Usually, on summers like this, I have new books to read. But right now, the money in my wallet is non-existent so I have nothing new to read. Also, I'm not the type of person to re-read a book. I always recall what's happened when I get into it, so I get distracted by my mind making unnecessary comments like, "Then he/she goes/does blah blah blah" or even "now I remember how stupid he/se was for blah blah". So, alas, no re-reading, even though some books in my cabinet really are worth reading again.

I feel like this week has been dedicated to me lying in bed doing absolutely nothing productive--and it sucks. As much as I have become an absolute procrastinator, I don't want to spend so much time being idle. I want to be productive. I want my brain and body to function. I've been waiting for summer freedom the whole damn school year! I can't let it pass day by day like this.

With all those in mind, I suddenly had the urge to start writing again. You know, just about random ideas running in my head. 

I used to write a LOT. I am admittedly a frustrated writer. Being a bookworm and reading wonderful novels, as well as the most horrible uninspired ones, have caused me to want to write a good story as well. But I always seem to come up short when attempting to write long, novel-ish ones. So I always just stick to writing short ones, as they don't end up feeling forced on my part. I'm not giving up on one day writing a novel though. 

So, I've decided to write again, not just once in a while, but everyday just to keep the habit up. And besides, I need to brush up and get used to it again. I'm even gonna go hunt for the perfect journal wherein I can write random ideas, lines, and outlines that I can think of at unexpected times. Expect random doodles and sketches as well. I just need a creative outlet right now, and this is one of the best ways to go about it.

Wish me luck! Hope you're all having a blessed Holy Week as well. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nichie said on April 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Y'know what would be a fantastic read? Eat, Pray, Love. If you've haven't read it, read it. If you have, read it again. XD It's a great book to read for a break like Holy Week where you do nothing much, really. :>


Blogger Anya Cruz said on April 8, 2012 at 1:50 AM  

Actually, I haven't read Eat, Pray, Love. It was one of those books I always see and hear of, but never really gave a second thought about. Now that you've suggested, maybe I will check it out one of these days. :) Thanks for the suggestion! :D


Post a Comment

All rights reserved A Box Of Nostalgia by Anya Cruz
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶