in a sea of people
Home Saturday Snapshots Twitter Instagram Bloglovin' Pinterest Follow

profile
anya|18|ba behavioral sciences|UP-Manila

The thoughts that run in this head aren't always easy to comprehend.

“In search of something immortal in mortality."

etcetera
Instagram
Links
Disclaimer
All images posted on this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated.

Layout by mymostloved
with script and background
rather speechless...
Thursday, January 19, 2012
     I was supposed to blog about this yesterday, but I guess I forgot about it. But anyway...
     The USTET (University of Santo Tomas Entrance Test) results came out yesterday, and a lot of my classmates were rather antsy about seeing their results. A few were disappointed, others happy. I had seen my result when there had been a said 'leakage', so I wasn't fretting about it any longer.
     The rest of the day went by almost quickly, as we only reviewed for our upcoming exams. So when I got home, I didn't expect to be greeted by the release of the UPCAT (University of the Philippines College Admissions Test) results. 
     But, the funny and sweet thing was that my friend congratulated and told me first that I passed UP! I hadn't even begun to grasp that the results were out. I was so taken by surprise I almost squeaked to my mom that I had passed. 



     To be honest, I never really thought I would pass UP, being that they receive so many applicants every year, and only pass a small percentage of students. But then there was my name on the list, and I was genuinely surprised to see I made it.
     But, the overwhelming feeling I had wasn't just because of the result. What made me really happy was seeing how proud my friends were of me. I didn't expect them to be so sweet about it, and I was deeply touched. Even when there were times I doubted my abilities and my chances, they were always there to tell me that I should stop being silly and that I could make it. And of course, they were right. Now I feel like crying. :))
     I can still remember how I was a nervous mess last year, worrying about the arrival of January and all about the results. Since I only took exams in DLSU, ADMU, UST and UP, I was so worried I wouldn't pass into any of the Big 4 schools.
     Now, I feel so blessed. Although I didn't get into my dream school, Ateneo, I can't thank God enough for everything else. It's all so much more than what I asked for. I feel like I don't deserve them, but here they are. And besides, 3 out of 4 isn't bad at all. ;)
     

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sofia Gatchalian said on January 19, 2012 at 8:52 PM  

Congrats! So what's school are you going to enroll in? :)


Blogger Myka Javier said on January 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM  

WE ARE ALWAYS PROUD OF YOU!!! :) PABURGER KA NAMAN. >:) Busugin mo kaming mga sawi! Haha. Told you you'd get in. Ateneo, your loss. :P UP ALL THE WAY! ;) xx


Blogger Anya Cruz said on January 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM  

@Sofia: Thank you. :) Most probably UP. My dad seems to have made up his mind about it as well. :))


Anonymous Anonymous said on January 25, 2012 at 12:30 PM  

Congratulations!

♥Lia
http://bylinebylia.blogspot.com


Post a Comment

All rights reserved A Box Of Nostalgia by Anya Cruz
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶