in a sea of people
Home Saturday Snapshots Twitter Instagram Bloglovin' Pinterest Follow

profile
anya|18|ba behavioral sciences|UP-Manila

The thoughts that run in this head aren't always easy to comprehend.

“In search of something immortal in mortality."

etcetera
Instagram
Links
Disclaimer
All images posted on this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated.

Layout by mymostloved
with script and background
Midnight Thoughts
Sunday, January 8, 2012
Photo by Nathan Presley

It's 4 o'clock in the morning and here I am again, wide awake and dreaming. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know I have to sleep or I at least have to get the urgent and important things done and out of the way. But in the end, I only succeed at doing leisurely things.

For now, there is a nagging feeling in my gut that tells me I'm fucked, but right about now I don't care. it's only at this time of the day that I can truly have peace and quiet.

I'm admittedly a nocturnal person; I just can't help it. The dark night brings some kind of energy and spirit that isn't loud. It's something mysterious and lonely, and it keeps me awake. I dream of city lights and an urban escape. Somehow, there's a sense of freedom the evening time evokes in me.

Maybe it's because it's in the dark that some people truly come alive, away from the bright light where everyone judges them. The darkness masks everybody so that someone can become a nobody or just a different entity altogether. It's an escape, a getaway; a quick vacation from reality. And as the daylight breaks, we come back up to the real world.

. . . hmm, I'm a rambling mess again. I bet there'll be more of these though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All rights reserved A Box Of Nostalgia by Anya Cruz
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶