in a sea of people
Home Saturday Snapshots Twitter Instagram Bloglovin' Pinterest Follow

profile
anya|18|ba behavioral sciences|UP-Manila

The thoughts that run in this head aren't always easy to comprehend.

“In search of something immortal in mortality."

etcetera
Instagram
Links
Disclaimer
All images posted on this blog are mine, unless otherwise stated.

Layout by mymostloved
with script and background
Mercedes-Benz FashionWeek
Monday, March 5, 2012
Well, I'm sorry I haven't updated as I said I would. I've been slightly preoccupied with school activities and such, as well as personal things. I've been a bit down, but I'm trying to dispel that with a positive outlook on things yet to come. :)

As the title suggests, this post is going to be about the recent New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2012 shows. I am honestly a lover of fashion, and attending Fashion Week around the world is one dream I hope might one day come true.

So first up, I give you some of my favorites from Alexander Wang.

Alexander Wang F/W '12
I adore Alexander Wang. Something about his aesthetic appealed to me when I first saw his designs, and since then, I've been a fan. His current collection is the most sophisticated he's been so far, in my opinion. But let me just tell you, his T Collection is wonderful as well! 


Helmut Lang F/W '12
 Helmut Lang's collection was beautifully structured and sophisticated as well. I loved all the natural colors the whole collection used.


3.1 Phillip Lim F/W '12
This collection was supposedly inspired by the idea of modern day super-heroines. In fact, the whole collection screamed 'modern'. Again, I am a complete sucker for structured and graphically detailed clothing, so this collection to me was superb. 

The collections above are obviously for a very sophisticated woman--yes, emphasize those two words--and I am far from one, but I just can't help but terribly appreciate these beautiful pieces. 

Now, let's get down to some of the more fun shows!

Marc Jacobs F/W '12
Well, let me just begin by saying that this was one extraordinary show, as expected from the showman Marc Jacobs. It reminded of Alice in Wonderland with all those crazy headpieces and all the colors and prints. And look at those pilgrim shoes! I didn't like this show initially, but after having a second look at the whole collection, I appreciated it. While I don't see myself wearing anything this crazy (yet--never say never), I totally appreciate the creative crazy in this show.

Anna Sui F/W '12
Anna Sui's shows are always fun, and this was no exception. The collection had a preppy librarian vibe as well as a sixties spirit. Just pure fun and color.

Marchesa F/W '12
I'm a sucker for pretty details and fabrics. This collection was dainty (sorry, first word that came to mind :P).

There were a lot more shows, but unfortunately, I don't have the time to review them all. I viewed a few others such as Derek Lam, Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein, Acne, Christian Siriano and more, but I'm too lazy to compile all those. But, I will cover collections from London, Milan and Paris in the next few posts, so watch out for that!
Thank you for bearing with the fashion obsessed me! :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

All rights reserved A Box Of Nostalgia by Anya Cruz
◀ RECENT ENTRIES | HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶